Hello sir i m G. Raj Amritesh from bilaspur chattisgarh a master in physical education student. Sir i have just cleared a state panel exam and looking forward to appear in the bcci level 1 umpires exam. Sir pls tell me how can i prepare myself as i m looking forward for a career in umpiring.

Mr. Raj,

Thanks for your question and that you like to take up umpiring. I am glad that you have passed the state level exam at your place. This is a first success of many more to follow with your hard work and dedication.

I would like to share with you a few tips in connection with the BCCI Level 1 exam, which may be held next month.

1. Read the Laws again and again, understand them and write them.
2. You need to have good command over English language.
3. You need to have good communication skill.
4. You must have good hand writing to write papers in a decent manner.
5. You must write to the points and ensure not to write anything excess to what are asked
6. Don't write answers in sentences to avoid waste of time and write to the points with all clarity.
7. You need to be good in calculation of last hour and 90 overs in a day in a multi day match.
8. You need to be good in calculation of penalty for a injured players who leave the field.
9. You should concentrate on the following Laws:

No Ball, Wide Ball, Dead Ball, Substitute, LBW, Run out, Stumping, Byes/Leg Byes, Unfair play, Penalties for unfair play, Wicket Keeper, fair catch.

10. Use good pen and don't make your paper shabby. Make proper use of space while writing answers.
11. Read and follow the questions carefully and try to get the catch word to come out with correct answers.
12. You need to have good writing practice to finish the paper in time with perfection.

These are the few tips from me which will help you enough to score maximum marks. Always aim for 100% marks even though passing marks would be 80%.  Get back to me for any queries and doubts. You have enough time for preparation.

With best wishes,

Suhas Sapre.
(Baroda 27022016)

Suhas L Sapre

I can help to give all questions regarding cricket laws, rules on both umpiring and cricket scoring. It will be a great pleasure to help any candidate who wants to clear the exam of BCCI. I can guide him how the questions are asked and the way they should be replied. I can also conduct classes for Cricket umpiring and scoring anywhere. I look forward to educate and promote local umpires in the days to come. I would help them to get through BCCI Level 1 exam.

I have been a state panel cricket umpire and doing umpiring for last 40 years and also a BCCI official national scorer since 2004, having done many International ODIs played at Baroda and many first class matches in Baroda. I have passed many state panel exams in both categories.

I was serving with State Bank of India, as an Officer, posted at Bodeli branch, some 65 Kmts from Baroda, having taken promotion in August 2012. I was thereafter transferred to Pavi Jepur Br, some 90 kmts from Baroda on 20/12/2013. Recently I have taken VRS from Bank as after becoming an officer I was facing lot of problems regarding leave to attend BCCI matches as a scorer and also Local umpiring and thus hampering my sporting activities. Now to enable me to spare more time for my passion, I have opted for VRS and was relieved on 30/01/2016 and now will look forward to enjoy my passion in the remaining years.Look forward to remain busy with cricketing activities for next one decade and more.Look forward to help my cricket colleagues. Look forward to give off my best services to my passion, which has taught me many more things and now I feel I must contribute towards the local cricket association, i.e. Baroda Cricket Association with all love and enthusiasm in the coming years.I feel proud to take VRS for the sake of my passion. Its a great feeling that I have taken a bold decision in the wake of my passion which has given me enjoyment and physical fitness to enjoy the game of cricket in the the days to come. Now I feel myself as a free bird and no tension. Look forward to help budding umpires.

Earlier I used to write in local newspaper but thereafter time has not permitted me to do so. I give my views over the controversial topic.

I am a degree holder of Commerce and having a reputed banking job in Baroda. Recently due to some personal problems and to fulfil my love and passion for the game of cricket I have opted volunteer retirement from the Bank service to enable me to do BCCI matches as an Official scorer in first class matches. Taking promotion in Bank and expecting leave for the matches was a major problem and that is one of the reasons to quit bank ahead of cricket.

I have passed several examination of cricket umpiring at State levels. I passed Mumbai cricket Association as well as Baroda Cricket Associations state exams. I had also cleared national written test of BCCI, but unfortunately sheer bad luck in viva and practical. I have also stood first in the Scorers' state level examinations at Saurashtra, exam conducted by Saurashtra Cricket Association and also stood first in Mumbai Cricket Association's Scorers' exam. I further cleared the BCCI national exam in the year 1994 held at Ahmedabad. In all I have officiated as an Umpire in more than 3500 matches, including T20, ODI, 3-4-5/days matches, 6-aside, double wicket tournaments, single wicket tournaments, and many more festival events and charity matches. I have also officiated as an official scorer in many first class cricket matches as well as almost all ODI matches played at the IPCL/ Reliance Cricket ground in Baroda. In all I have officiated as an official scorer in not less than 300 matches. I have been appointed a Sports Secretary of SBI in Baroda (2010 to 2012) I have been elected as one of the Umpires' committee of Baroda Cricket Association on 23.04.2012 Looking forward to take care of local umpires and will try to educate them. Recently I was privileged to conduct a 3-day cricket Umpires seminar on 7 to 9 September, 2012 along with Shri Sanjay Hazare, BCCI Elite panel cricket umpire. This was my first ever experience to conduct a seminar, which had almost 60 participants. I am thankful to the Baroda Cricket Association for giving me this opportunity. I have been honoured on many occasions with awards and certificates for my best umpiring. Recently on 13th February, 2014, I was invited as a Chief Guest by Amrut School in Halol, to celebrate the Annual Sports Day of their school.