Cricket/About Cricket Umpiring

Dear Sir
         I am Pankaj Pratap Joshi 29  from Maharashtra.  I want to know everything about  "How to become a cricket umpire ? "
Sir i have a lot of passion about cricket . Main quality is my Patience &  Knowledge about the game & its rules.
pls guide me to fulfil my dream for that i'm ready to do any type of hardwork.

Sorry I do not know the exact organisation in your country.

Almost certainly you need to join your local cricket club - most of them are glad of an umpire for some of their matches.

They should then be able to introduce you to the local umpires' club or organisation, who should be holding training classes, usually during the close season.

Failing that contact the Board of Control for your country or region.

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998