Cricket/obstructing the field question

If a batsman at the strikers end hits the ball and runs toward the non strikers end for a single and accidentally falls on the non strikers wicket. Is he out by any laws?

law 37.1 Either batsman is out Obstructing the field if he WILFULLY attempts ...

Law 35.1 (a) The striker is out Hit wicket if ... HIS wicket is put down ... in the course of any action taken by him in preparing to receive or in receiving a delivery ... or (ii) in setting off for his first run ...

Clearly neither of these describe your situation.  

Colin Pearson

Cricket umpiring and scoring. I can answer questions on MCC Laws of Cricket but not ICC and other special regulations, which are frequently changing. I cannot answer questions on careers as a cricket umpiring. For details of courses, visit (anywhere that has advertised), (UK only)

I passed The Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers Full membership examinations in 1961 and have been an instructor since 1973, and examiner since 1977 and have undergone the first stage training as an Umpire Assessor for ECB Association of Cricket Officials. I was Chairman of Training Board for ACU&S from 1981 to 1997.

ECB Association of Cricket Officials British Computer Society Society of Expert Witnesses Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Rotary International

MA Hons Cantab 1966 DMS Part 1, 1975 Enterprise Reader (rtd), Staffordshire University)

Taylor Scholarship 1963 Life Vice President ACU&S 1998