Cricket/Cricker Umpiring

Question
Hi Suhas,

I am located in Bangalore and I am very much interested in Umpiring and I am 24 years old so can u help me in my quarry's.
1. where will I get umpiring Exam dates
2. where should I approach to become one of the member in umpire panel
3. And which of the cricket association where I can register myself with in Bangalore or Karnataka

Thanks and regards
Siddharth

Answer
Dear SIddharth,

You are just 24, why don't you continue to play cricket. Enjoy playing cricket, make your personal career with your educational qualification. Adopt umpiring as your hobby, later on you can decide whether to continue with the hobby and convert your hobby into profession. This is a very tough job and you need lot of practice and knowledge about the game and its rules. Playing and umpiring together will help you lot. You can become a good umpire as you are very young, and try to develop your passion about the game, which will take you through your dream. Playing cricket has limit upto certain age and then you will have no further attachment with the game, whereas umpire will keep you with the game all through your future years and will help you to get to know the game from very close.

You just need to approach your local cricket association, may be Karnataka Cricket Association, under the jurisdiction of Bangalore, or you can contact nearby District cricket association affiliated to your State cricket association. Register your name and start getting junior tournaments initially. Also stand in the nets as an  umpire, do some practice matches of boys and get used to the job of umpiring. So you will get good feel of umpiring, thereby you will start your career.

You are just 24 years old, and if you take up the job seriously you can have a bright future. So just purchase some Law books of Cricket Umpiring & Scoring from your local sports boutique shop. Read and understand 42  Laws using the 43rd Law of Common Sense. Rest I will guide you from this site. You are most welcome for any questions related to umpiring. Read, understand and note down any questions, and get back to me soon.

With best wishes.

Suhas Sapre
Baroda 23/06/2016

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre