Cricket/Runs after deliberate padding

Question
Respected Sir,If  a  ball  delivered  by  the bowler  first  struck on the  person  of  the  striker who neither attempted to play the ball with his bat nor he tried to avoid being hit by the ball. i.e. it was deliberate padding. But after deliberate padding there was inadvertent  contact  of the ball with  the  striker’s  bat. And after inadvertent contact with the striker's bat, the ball crossed the boundary line. Whether or not that boundary is allowed?"

Answer
Law 26.2 (a) If a ball delivered by the bowler first strikes the person of the striker, runs shall be scored only if the umpire is satisfied that the striker has

either (i) attempted to play the ball with his bat

or (ii) tried to avoid being hit by the ball.

(b) If the umpire is satisfied that either of these conditions has been met runs shall be scored as follows....

Clearly, if neither condition is met, then no runs can be scored.

It should however be noted that the Striker could be out Caught off his inadvertent bat contact.  

Cricket

Colin Pearson