Cricket/Ball lawfully struck more than once twice on no ball

Question
Respected Sir,
A No Ball delivered by the bowler, hits the Striker's gloves, lobs up in the air and is about to fall on the wicket. Striker deflects the ball with his bat and prevent it from falling on the stumps. Wicket Keeper, who is standing close to the stumps, appeals as he is prevented from catching the ball. What will be the Umpire's decision? If out which is the method of dismissal? Whether or not striker is allowed to strike the ball more than once in order to defence his wicket if delivery is No Ball?

Answer
Since it is a No Ball, the Striker cannot be out Bowled or Caught.

We must consider that he was not conscious of this protection and acts accordingly.

Had it been a fair ball, he is allowed a second hit to prevent being bowled EXCEPT if he obstructs the keeper from making a catch. HOWEVER, in this case there could be no catch.

Hence he should not be given out.

Subsequent runs would only be counted if there was an overthrow.  

Cricket

Colin Pearson