Cricket/replacement player

Question
Respected sir,
The laws state "No player may be changed after the nomination without the consent of the opposing captain ".So it is only a matter dealt by the captains and the umpires have no role in this.My question is can a captain ask the other captain to allow a replacement player for a nominated player who is not a victim of injury ,illness or other unavoidable problems.I mean he wants to change him not because of these reasons but because of some change in his strategy.Perhaps he wants an allrounder to in place of the  previous one dimensional player.I know giving consent is a decision solely taken by the opposing captain but can he(the captain wanting a replacement )ask for it ?Or he can only ask for a replacement in cases of injury ,illness or other unavoidable causes ?

Answer
One captain can ask permission of the opposing captain for any reason whatsoever.

I would hope the opposition captain insists on a good reason.  Why ever would he agree if the reason was tactical?

Apart from injury, I have known Policemen and Firemen recalled to emergency duty and a County Player called for England duty.

Obviously if it were a pre-season friendly and they wanted to give more players some practice, then that should be accepted.

Cricket

Colin Pearson