Cricket/Runs & dismissal after deliberate padding

Question
Respected Sir,
A fair Ball delivered by bowler after pitching on legside of the legstump, struck on the striker's pad while striker was niether attempting to play the ball nor tring to avoid being hit by the ball. Ball deflected to square leg position. Both batsmen went for run. As soon as both batsmen crossed each other,one of the fielder wilfully fielded the ball with his cap & threw it to put down the wicket fairly at WK's end, when non-striker was out of his ground.
Whether batsman is out or not? Who will face the next delivery?How many rus will be scored from that delivery? Whether that delivery will be counted or not?

Answer
Law 26.3

The batting side shall not be credited with any runs from that delivery apart from the one run penalty for a No ball if applicable. Moreover, no other penalties arising from that delivery shall be awarded to the batting side.

ONCE THE FIELDER USES HIS CAP, the ball is Dead and there can be no Run Out.

(b) If runs are attempted and if,

(i) neither batsman is dismissed and ... "Dead ball" .... The run .. shall be disallowed. The batsmen shall return to their original ends.  

Cricket

Colin Pearson