Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Would a person be a US citizen if you are born

Would a person be a US citizen if you are born on the US military bass oversees, if you father a US citizen is in the US military or was working for the US government oversees, and paternity was legally established. Does it matter if the mother is a US citizen or is a foreign national.

This truly depends, if the child is born on the military base, the child is considered a natural born US citizen, and upon turning 18 can also have dual citizenship if offered by the host government.
IF the child is born in a foreign national hospital then the child is a natural born citizen of the country where the child was born and upon turning 18 can choose to take their US citizenship of its parents. Meaning if father is US citizen, mother is British and child was born in Germany. The child will be natural born German citizen, but at 18 can have dual citizenship with the countries they choose US and UK or De.
I hope this answers your question.
Thank you,

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Luis Alas

I am a retired Federal Law Enforcement Officer with 20 years in a combination of military security, police investigations and criminal investigations. I worked with several agencies through my tenure but my last five years were with the Federal Air Marshal Service. Currently I am a VP of a electronics security manufacturer providing leadership and client consulting specifically in the area of video surveillance.

1988-1996 USAF Security Specialist Nuclear Security and Security Police Investigations 1996-2001 Department of Veteran Affairs Police Department Miami Fl. 2001-2008 Federal Air Marshal Service

FLEOA Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association Security Police Association

Demand Studios - E-How Online Associated Content Security Distributors Magazine Various White Papers

USAF Security Police Academy USDVA Police Academy DHS Security Specialist/General Investigator AA Criminal Justice City Colleges of Chicago BA Criminal Justice University of Maryland MA Criminal Justice Management Trinity University & College

Bryant Security Departamento Nacional de Investigaciones (Domincan Republic) LSG Government Contractor