Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/cybercrime

I'm a writer from Indiana and I'm working on a novel with
computer hacking at a university, including use of a keystroke
logger, as part of the plot. My question is how do authorities
track hackers and how do they determine that a keystroke logger
was used? Also, as a forensic psychologist, can you explain why
people feel they have a right, or even permission to hack into
computer systems and what other psychological factors are involved
with someone involved in this kind of activity? Do hackers ever
get violent or do they prefer the anenimity and distance that the
majority of their activities provide? I appreciate your consideration of my questions.

Dear Joy,

The answer to your questions would require me to write here for the next 45-60 minutes and my fingers are not that nimble. You are welcomed to contact me for a future phone consult at no charge to assist you in your endeavor. I can be reached at

Michael Nuccitelli Psy.D., C.F.C.
NYS Licensed Psychologist

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli

criminal profiling, cyber bullying, cyber stalking, cybercrime, cyber terrorism, online sexual predators, child predators, Internet safety, psychopathology, criminal & forensic psychology and cyber psychology.

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli is a New York State licensed psychologist and certified forensic consultant. He completed his doctoral degree in clinical psychology in 1994 from the Adler School of Professional Psychology in Chicago, Illinois. In 1997, Dr. Nuccitelli became a licensed psychologist in New York State (License # 013009.) In 2006, he received the Certified Forensic Consultant designation from the American College of Forensic Examiners (Identification # 103110.) Dr. Nuccitelli has developed a theoretical construct, iPredator, which encapsulates all online users who use Information and Communications Technology to abuse, harm, steal from or disparage other online users. His theory of iPredator is recognized by the American College of Forensic Examiners International. Prior to launching iPredator Inc., Dr. Nuccitelli worked in his community as a Forensic Psychologist working with the court system, law enforcement and attorneys.

American College of Forensic Examiners International.

The Forensic Examiner

Dr. Nuccitelli is a New York State Licensed Psychologist and certified forensic consultant designated by the American College of Forensic Examiners International.