Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Will I go to jail or pay a fine?

My half sister is accusing me of hacking even though she GAVE me her password and I DO have a screenshot of her telling me to save her password just in case if something happens to her. However she accuses me of hacking anyway, So if she were to press charges, Could she win the case? EVEN though I do have proof of her giving her password to me? I did snoop into her account one time though, looking at her Facebook though. Although I never went in there again except for that one time. So if it isn't hacking then she COULD charge me with invasion of privacy, but would I go to jail for invasion of privacy? Is it a felony?? I'm in the state of Kansas by the way. Please help

If she decides to do press charges we will counter that saying that she did harass me and I got screenshots to prove that...and even made me go to the Hospital for suicide! So I hope she does not charge me unless she wants to be involved in this too

Dear Emmie,

I am sorry to read that you and your half sister are engaged in a dispute over hacking and threats of pressing charges against a family member. First, you can breath a sign of relief as your half sister cannot have you arrested for hacking in the state of Kansas or any other state in America if you have not committed a crime. If you have not invaded her bank accounts and stolen money, published or distributed obscene (sexually explicit, violent, racist, etc.) images/videos of her or her children, there are no laws that have been broken. If she were to attempt to press charges against you, she would have to show evidence to authorities that you in fact did steal money or distribute awful information about her or her family members just to get the police to call you to answer questions. Unauthorized access to someone's computer or accounts is not a cybercrime unless the accuser can prove they were victimized in some form. It is what people do when they "hack" into someone's accounts, profiles or computer when they do enter. I'm sorry your half sister and you are engaged in a conflict, but you will never be arrested, sued, convicted of a felony or go to jail for invasion of privacy.

Good Luck & God Bless!,
Dr. Nuccitelli  

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli

criminal profiling, cyber bullying, cyber stalking, cybercrime, cyber terrorism, online sexual predators, child predators, Internet safety, psychopathology, criminal & forensic psychology and cyber psychology.

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli is a New York State licensed psychologist and certified forensic consultant. He completed his doctoral degree in clinical psychology in 1994 from the Adler School of Professional Psychology in Chicago, Illinois. In 1997, Dr. Nuccitelli became a licensed psychologist in New York State (License # 013009.) In 2006, he received the Certified Forensic Consultant designation from the American College of Forensic Examiners (Identification # 103110.) Dr. Nuccitelli has developed a theoretical construct, iPredator, which encapsulates all online users who use Information and Communications Technology to abuse, harm, steal from or disparage other online users. His theory of iPredator is recognized by the American College of Forensic Examiners International. Prior to launching iPredator Inc., Dr. Nuccitelli worked in his community as a Forensic Psychologist working with the court system, law enforcement and attorneys.

American College of Forensic Examiners International.

The Forensic Examiner

Dr. Nuccitelli is a New York State Licensed Psychologist and certified forensic consultant designated by the American College of Forensic Examiners International.