Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Google Images and Porn?

Question
QUESTION: I am 18 and I searched young sex on google images.When I mean young,I was looking for people my age having sex.
I didn't click on any of the pictures either.
Could I get viruses for this?
Could this get me in trouble?

Pictures of young kids popped up but they weren't naked or having sex.I certainly didn't click on them.I wanted to see people my age or older,not kids.I just don't want to get in trouble for something that I wasn't even looking for.
Let me repeat:I was not searching for kiddie porn.That's gross.

Also,weeks ago,I researched public sex and some disturbing images of children came up.Could I get in trouble for that too even though I didnít click on them?
Also, I researched child abuse pictures months ago (not actual pictures,just ones for the cover of my report). I was doing a report on child abuse for my parenting class and I was wondering if I could get in trouble for that?
My teacher didnít have a problem with the cover.

I'm just really worried because I wasn't trying to do anything wrong and it's not something that I approve of. Please help!I'm really scared and paranoid and I haven't looked them up since.

ANSWER: Hi,
All google searches are somewhere in storage systems at google. Viruses are unlikely if you did not downloaded or clicked on nothing. If there images of those under 18 having sex is somewhere on computer there is the possible there could be a legal problem if it comes up. The images could be in cache without you knowing it. But its not likely you will have a legal problem unless you downloaded them or the police had a warrant to search your computer.

QUESTION: Wouldn't Google prevent those types of pictures from being on there? No, I didn't download anything either.

Answer
No they really can't. They have no control of what on the web.
Here a little bit on how search engines work.
http://websearch.about.com/od/enginesanddirectories/a/searchengine.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNHR6IQJGZs

They do not control content, they just index it. Its mostly automated.
Plus, age of consent is not uniform around the world. What legal in one place may a crime in another. With the web anything on there could be on a server in another part of the world.

The fact you know its wrong and had no criminal intent I would not super worried about. If you keep searching that type of content it might be an issue in the future. They want to prosecute those that make, buy or distribute kiddie porn. That doesn't sound like what you were doing. You can clear your browser cache if it makes ya feel better. Unless you actively using a web page that under investigation its unlikely you have the police knocking at your door. Looking for sexual images for those under the age of consent is playing with fire. The age of consent is 18 in the USA.  

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Paul Edward Zukowski