Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Google Images and Porn Images?

Question
QUESTION: I am 18 and I searched young sex on google images.When I mean young,I was looking for people my age having sex.
I didn't click on any of the pictures either.
Could I get viruses for this?
Could this get me in trouble?

Pictures of young kids popped up but they weren't naked or having sex.I certainly didn't click on them.I wanted to see people my age or older,not kids.I just don't want to get in trouble for something that I wasn't even looking for.
Let me repeat:I was not searching for kiddie porn.That's gross.

Also,weeks ago,I researched public sex and some disturbing images of children came up.Could I get in trouble for that too even though I didnít click on them?
Also, I researched child abuse pictures months ago (not actual pictures,just ones for the cover of my report). I was doing a report on child abuse for my parenting class and I was wondering if I could get in trouble for that?
My teacher didnít have a problem with the cover.

I'm just really worried because I wasn't trying to do anything wrong and it's not something that I approve of. Please help!I'm really scared and paranoid and I haven't looked them up since.

iPredator | Information Age Forensics
iPredator | Informatio  
2014 Cyberbullying Tactics
2014 Cyberbullying Tac  
ANSWER: Dear C,

The answer to your questions is "yes" to both. You are 18 years old, legally an adult, and can be tracked and identified by law authorities if you continue conducting searches that connect children with sex in any shape, manner or form. Connecting "children" with anything sexual, violent, obscene or criminally themed is illegal and can lead authorities to your door. Not just law enforcement, but the dark side of cyberspace as well ranging from online sexual predators, cyber stalkers, cyber stalkers and trolls.

I notice you use the name "Corrina" in your question to AllExperts. Whether or not that is your real name or not is not important, never use a female gender username, email address or any other type of addy/username/profile name that lets the dark side know you are a female and 18 years old. Even if you are a 30 year old man from New Jersey and lying about your name and age, use names that are nameless, ageless and genderless. A silly example would be like "purple potato" or "purplepotato@gmail.com".        

Searching for "child abuse" and terms related to child abuse will not cause you problems so as long as it does not include terms that are considered obscene or sexually graphic regarding minors. For example, being a forensic psychologist, cyber attack prevention expert and child welfare advocate, I frequently use search terms in Google like child abuse, child sexual abuse, child molestation, pedophilia and online sexual predators. Also note that some search terms sound illegal, but are not. For example, the keyword term "teen sex" will usually bring back search results of images, videos and websites that are all legal. That being said, you still need to make sure the search results and those that you click on and visit are all legal and not using minors.    

Regarding computer viruses and malware, cyber criminals and hackers are notorious for infecting sexually oriented material in cyberspace given it is one of the most searched, viewed and downloaded material in cyberspace.

***Make sure you regularly clean your computer using free software like CCleaner. Make sure you have installed, updated and actively scanning your computer for malware and viruses along with having a firewall as well. Best premium virus/malware protection is Norton Security and a free malware/virus software program is AVG.***

Getting back to online pornography. There is nothing wrong (illegal, deviant) with viewing softcore and/or what is defined as "hardcore" pornography in cyberspace so as long the websites, images or videos state that all people involved in those images or video are of legal age and not minors. Instead of using "keyword red flags" when searching, use keywords that do not specify the age of the actors/actresses in the images or videos.   

Not to sound judgmental, as being a forensic shrink I give humanity a lot of behavioral latitude, you are 18 years old and living in the Information Age. Without sounding punitive, are you from a different time dimension like the 1950's and somehow time warped into 2013??? Your age group and younger have grown up relying on information technology and I would think you would certainly know how to use the internet.  

Given that your computer works and you have not been arrested yet and you wrote this question to AllExperts without problems, means that you should be okay regarding your past searches in relationship to being arrested or getting a virus. Your future searches and time spent in cyberspace is a different story.  

As a forensic psychologist who researches, studies and investigates online sexual predators, cyber criminals, child predators, online child pornography dealers, cyber bullies and cyber stalkers, the dark side of cyberspace is my field of expertise. The way the information security and cyber law enforcement and docs like me looks at it is...."Your 18 years old, not a minor, and should know better".  

As the information I've authored and designed is public domain and was created to help bring awareness to internet safety and cyber attack prevention for all online users, spend some time at our website at www.ipredator.co (no "m" in .co). You can also Google, Internet Safety Tips.

Here is a quick checklist to makes sure you do not have legal or infected viruses in the future.

1. Purchase, download and make sure all your mobile and home digital devices have malware, spyware, virus and firewall protection.
2. Always use profile names, email addresses, usernames, and any other ways to identify your gender, age and geographic location that are ageless, genderless, nameless (i.e. "purple potato").
3. Never search or visit sexually themed sites or materials that connect children with sex, violence or deviant themes.
4. Make sure all sexually themed materials state that the material does not include minors and all actors and actresses are of legal age.
5. Make sure all your social media profiles (i.e. Facebook, Google + Twitter, and Twitter have the privacy settings set to private or whatever term the social site uses to indicate the highest form of protection.
6. Check out and spend time at our internet safety site, www.ipredator.co, or Google terms like, internet safety, internet safety tips, online predator prevention, cybercrime prevention tips, and social media safety.
7. Clear your computer history and browser cache regularly. If you do not know how to perform those functions, Google the name of your operating system (aka OS) and browser (i.e. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) to find out how.

Note: I've changed my response to your question from "private" to "public" as there is no personal information about you in your question, no one will be able to identify you based on the lack of personal information in your question and the theme of your question is important for other online users researching internet safety to read about.    

Good Luck & Think B4 U Click,

Dr. Nuccitelli
NYS Licensed Psychologist
iPredator Inc.
Internet Safety Website: www.iPredator.co
Ph: 347-871-2416
Email: drnucc@ipredatorinc.com          

QUESTION: Thank you.

Well,you know how you can click on a picture on Google and it gets bigger but it doesn't take you to a site and you can navigate from picture to picture once you make it bigger-that's what I did.I clicked on no links and I thought looking at the images(like I do all pictures on google)bigger would be easier to navigate.
Am I still okay?

I haven't looked up any such images since and do not intend to.Will I still be in trouble?
I talked to a retired police officer and even he said that unless I was on Child sites,distributing images and saving and downloading them then I shouldn't worry too much.

Answer
Dear C,

Your retired police officer friend is 100% correct in his/her advice. As stated in my 1st response, the fact that you are able to write a question here at AllExperts, it is fair to assume you are okay. I've pasted below again my tips from the first response and take the time to research, explore & institute them. lol...who knows...maybe after you research, institute and learn more on internet safety, cybercrime prevention and cyber attack prevention, you'll still be intrigued and become interested in exploring becoming an expert in those fields.

Be Well C,
Doc Nuccitelli

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli