Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Assault

Hi my name is Maria Alvarez on dec 21 2013 by a lady that I knew who attacked me and I know she is an illegal immigrant I don't know what I can charge her for besides being attacked by her. Thank you

As I understand, you were attacked by a woman you believe or know to be an illegal immigrant. You would like to know if you could charge her with anything...

First, you would make a complaint to the police. Currently depending on the state you live in, will determine what the State will charge her with. You would press charges and then the State actually decides what to charge the person with.
In some states they will not deal with the immigration issue as they feel that is a federal and not a state issue. As far as the attack depending on exactly what happened there would likely be a assault and battery charges. At this time it would first need to be reported to the police and then they will make the initial charges and then if it goes to court the state will make the final determination.

I hope this helps, please feel free to send any follow-ups if you have any additional questions.

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Luis Alas

I am a retired Federal Law Enforcement Officer with 20 years in a combination of military security, police investigations and criminal investigations. I worked with several agencies through my tenure but my last five years were with the Federal Air Marshal Service. Currently I am a VP of a electronics security manufacturer providing leadership and client consulting specifically in the area of video surveillance.

1988-1996 USAF Security Specialist Nuclear Security and Security Police Investigations 1996-2001 Department of Veteran Affairs Police Department Miami Fl. 2001-2008 Federal Air Marshal Service

FLEOA Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association Security Police Association

Demand Studios - E-How Online Associated Content Security Distributors Magazine Various White Papers

USAF Security Police Academy USDVA Police Academy DHS Security Specialist/General Investigator AA Criminal Justice City Colleges of Chicago BA Criminal Justice University of Maryland MA Criminal Justice Management Trinity University & College

Bryant Security Departamento Nacional de Investigaciones (Domincan Republic) LSG Government Contractor