Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Correction deputy laws

Question
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question.

I am currently trying to get a position with the San Luis Obispo County Jail in California. One of the requirements that it states is knowledge of basic laws and principles pertaining to Correctional Deputy's. Could you provide some info on this? Perhaps you can point me in a direction of resources that I can study up on?

Thank you and have a great day,
Ben

Answer
Here is one link I found that provides some basic information regarding detention officers.  You may also want to research the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation website, and the National Institute of Corrections website for information.  Check out the policy section on the California Department website, pay particular attention to the security policies.  If you have additional questions, you may email me directly at majordad18@cox.net, or call me at 480-225-0192.  They will put you through a training academy if you are hired, corrections is a complex field, no one is expected to know all the answers, especially when starting out.  The ability to demonstrate common sense during the oral interview is most important.  I have a web page on oral boards and interviews, go to www.thunderrolls.net, click on the link for "Oral Boards."

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Jim Klein