Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/old story about a murder

Question
hi i hope you can help me i am looking for a story that was printed several years ago regarding a highway man that was shot and chased to"Rabley Park" in southmimms his body was never found. the reason i am trying to find this report is because my mother used to live there,and she remembers the story but was not sure if it was true or not..the heading in the report she thinks was called"Murder most foul". i hope you can help me.
thankyou and hope to hear from you soon.

Answer
Hello Miranda.
I've not come across this incident before, so the best thing I can suggest is to contact the Potters Bar Society and see if anyone there has any information. I've found some vague references to a "highwayman" being buried at St Gile's Church, South Mimms but with very few details.
www.pottersbar.org

Mark  

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Mark Smith