Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/SWAT radio communication

Hi Jack,

On a raid, between the team on the ground and the commander, are call signs with numbers e.g. Bulldog 1 used?  Would the commander have his own call sign? Thank you.

All departments operate differently.  It is very possible that the commander would have his own call sign and every member of the team would have his/her own radio number.  

I would doubt that it would be a name like "Bulldog".  That sounds more like the military.  It would probably be a number/letter, etc.

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Jack Toomey

If you are an author asking for help I will gladly assist. I do expect a reasonable donation using the Paypal icon. Please do NOT ask questions about potential jail sentences that you or your friends may receive in court. There is no way for me to know that. I am NOT a probation officer or a parole officer so questions about those subjects will be rejected. I am a police officer with 26 years experience. Can answer questions about crime, police procedure, investigations, criminal law, search and seizure, traffic offenses. Prefer not to answer questions on the death penalty. Please do not ask homework questions. Remember this. The law in every state is different so questions about laws that are specific to your state could be difficult to answer. I also cannot give you legal advice on what to do or not to do in court. I have worked with authors in the past and will be happy to review scenarios or plots with authors to check for believability or accuracy.

Police officer with 26 years experience. Ten years in patrol and sixteen years in the detective bureau investigating every type of crime including murder, rape, robbery, theft, fraud, missing persons, etc, etc. Also taught at the police academy in areas such as constitutional law, search and seizure, and lineups.

B.S. in Criminology from the University of Maryland.