Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Would happen if a bank or finical intuition that is located in another country refuses to

Would happen if a bank or finical intuition that is located in another country refuses to share tax date with the IRS regarding US citizens? The bank or finical institution has no branches that are located in the United States. All the employees and owners of those banks and finical institutions are not US citizens, legal US residence and have never visited the United States. Those companies even prohibit their employees from visiting the United States. According to the US State Department, other countries are not required to enforce US laws, as part of there sovereignty.

You are correct, another nation does not have to respect the laws of the United States or give over any information. The US agency may request the information, but as you stated because of the sovereignty of the country it has every right to deny the request.

Thank you,

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Luis Alas

I am a retired Federal Law Enforcement Officer with 20 years in a combination of military security, police investigations and criminal investigations. I worked with several agencies through my tenure but my last five years were with the Federal Air Marshal Service. Currently I am a VP of a electronics security manufacturer providing leadership and client consulting specifically in the area of video surveillance.

1988-1996 USAF Security Specialist Nuclear Security and Security Police Investigations 1996-2001 Department of Veteran Affairs Police Department Miami Fl. 2001-2008 Federal Air Marshal Service

FLEOA Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association Security Police Association

Demand Studios - E-How Online Associated Content Security Distributors Magazine Various White Papers

USAF Security Police Academy USDVA Police Academy DHS Security Specialist/General Investigator AA Criminal Justice City Colleges of Chicago BA Criminal Justice University of Maryland MA Criminal Justice Management Trinity University & College

Bryant Security Departamento Nacional de Investigaciones (Domincan Republic) LSG Government Contractor