Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Would happen if a bank or finical intuition that is located in another country refuses to

Question
Would happen if a bank or finical intuition that is located in another country refuses to share tax date with the IRS regarding US citizens? The bank or finical institution has no branches that are located in the United States. All the employees and owners of those banks and finical institutions are not US citizens, legal US residence and have never visited the United States. Those companies even prohibit their employees from visiting the United States. According to the US State Department, other countries are not required to enforce US laws, as part of there sovereignty.

Answer
You are correct, another nation does not have to respect the laws of the United States or give over any information. The US agency may request the information, but as you stated because of the sovereignty of the country it has every right to deny the request.

Thank you,
Lou

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Luis Alas