Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Curious

Question
hello there sir, I'm from CT & interested in becoming a security guard (armed or unarmed) I was wondering if I need a certificate and/or license to become one?  hope u can help

Thank you

Answer
Hey, Dan, first, thank you for choosing me for your question. Second, I apologize for the delayed response, apparently, my pc was not communicating properly with the site.

Your question is a very good one, Dan. I'm pretty sure that, generally, it's the same for most states as it is here, in Pa. There are state certifications in each state, that you must get in order to be a security officer, armed or unarmed. Notice that I say security officer rather than security guard, I used to be one & officer sounds more official. Anyway, normally, there are places where you can receive the training to get certified. Some places are: most Community Colleges, many technical institutes/schools, as well as private companies. You will either have to pay for the training yourself, or, if you get lucky, some companies may pay for your training. Either way, it's not very expensive & may only take a few days to a week.

I hope that I've answered your questions, Dan & please contact me if I can help again. Good luck with it & please remember to rate me after you read it.  

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Patrick Malloy