Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/re: officer showing up to court date

Question
Question:   Mr Toomey,
I am being accused of alleged DUI under the influence of drugs. This occurred on 5/13/2013 and since then I had postponed the court date 5 times. This past date; January 22nd, 2014 while I was in a detox according to my attorney the officer did not show this time around and the case would have been dismissed. My new date is coming up on 4/30/14: my question is considering the fact that officers are paid overtime and this state trooper had shown up to 4 out of the 5 court dates, what are the chances of him showing up or even having permission from his superiors to show up wasting money on overtime while he could be out on the field? What could possibly have been the trooper's motive for not showing for the January date? Is it possible that his superiors had told him not to attend ? I truly appreciate your time and look forward to any feedback!
Thanks,
Roman
Answer:   I can't possibly predict whether one state trooper will show up for a particular court case. I would need a crystal ball to do that.

Maybe he knew that you were in detox the last time?
Thank you for choosing me to answer your question.

Mr. Toomey,
I apologize for bothering you again but I would like to clarify: the officer did not know I was in detox because my attorney forgot to let the DA know that I would be there, this resulted in my bench warrant which was lifted as soon as i completed my treatment. Considering the facts, is there any way to tell the chances of the trooper showing up to my upcoming trial? And what reason would a trooper not show up to a scheduled date as he did on my 4th court date? Could it be a direct order from his superiors because he had gotten the overtime 4 times already with a trial resulting in 5 postponements? Once again, I apologize for bothering you again and I truly appreciate your response: I just wanted to clarify the fact that the last date he failed to appear was clearly still scheduled and no one knew i was in detox.
Thank you,
Roman

Answer
Roman,

I am pretty sure that I answered your second question last night but I will try again.

Again.....I cannot possibly know why one individual police officer did not come to court on one date out of the year.  I would have to call him to find out which is something that you could do.

There are a hundred reasons why a police officer can't make it to a court date.  I told you the most reasonable explanation earlier.  How do you know that he wasn't there if you were somewhere else?  Just because your attorney didn't see him doesn't mean he wasn't there.

He will be there for your trial.  Count on it.

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Jack Toomey