Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Traffic Citation

Question
QUESTION: Good Evening,
    I would like to start with saying that I really appreciate your help, donated time, and expertise on this subject. My name is Carey and I live in Florida. My question is regarding a traffic citation that I received this morning. Last week, some guy made an idiot move in the rain and I ended up with a busted out headlight. I did exactly what I supposed to do and immediately took my vehicle in to get the headlight fixed. They had to order the whole piece in due to the extent of the damage... I even already paid for it and have a receipt proving so. Because I cannot just quit my job, I had to drive to work this morning... I have 3 other very bright lights on the front that are plenty bright enough to see at night, let alone at 6:45 in the morning... I got pulled over for my light being out. I explained to the officer that my light was on order and I was taking care of it asap. I even asked if he would like to see the receipt for proof. Instead, he was very rude, said he didn't care about the receipt, and instead of giving me a fix-it ticket, have me an actual citation for almost $200! It's breaking my bank that I had to get light fixed, as it is. I guess my question is... shouldn't it have meant something that I had proof I was taking care of it? Did he handle this right, or legally? And if I take this to court, do you think my chances would be good of getting it taken away? I just don't understand why, when I am doing the right thing, I am STILL getting in trouble. It's very disheartening... Thank you again for your help!

iPredator-Information Age Forensics-NYS Internet Safety Company
iPredator-Information  
ANSWER: Dear Ms. Florida Carey,

Good morning from New York and your question is the 1st one I have gotten related to traffic tickets. Most of the questions from this category tend to be focused on much more serious legal offenses. Needless to say, I'm sure yours is experienced just as serious, which is understandable given the officer issued you a citation that he did not need to issue. Not only is your question involving a traffic ticket important, but a personal example of how humans (lol...police are human i think) can treat other humans in an insensitive and callous manner.  

Unfortunately, life can certainly seem feel unjust at times and as you write, "disheartening." It happens to every person on the face of the planet and many times throughout life whether one is a "saint" or a "sinner". The proverbial "silver lining" of this life reality is that injustices and unfortunate events tend to happen more often to the "sinners" as opposed to the "saints."   

Yes! It should have meant something you're a responsible driver by showing the officer proof of a 4th light on order. Yes! It was nonsense that he issued you a citation when you had 3 out of 4 working lights working fine. Unfortunately No! There is no law that says a law enforcement official cannot be a complete "jerk" if he/she decides. So to answer your question of the officer handling it right or legally...the answer is that he/she was in the "legal right" but in the "charitable wrong".

Highway safety is critical to all Americans, but if the 3 working lights are adequate to alert other drivers of your approach until the 4th can be installed, then it should be temporarily acceptable. I could understand if you did not have proof of being a responsible and then issuing you a ticket. But in your situation, you had proof, showed the officer your proof and was in transit to work and not to a beach party.    

If money is tight at this time, there is a good chance by going to court on the date that is on your citation, the court may drop or reduce the charge. If you can make it on that day, showing the judge the actual receipt your head light had been on order that was offered to the officer as proof, there is a good chance it will be dropped or reduced.  

Also beneficial by going to court is you can show the judge that the 4th head light has been replaced if you can get it installed before the court date. There is also an outside chance that the ticketing officer does not attend court on that day. In many states, the ticket is immediately dropped when the ticketing officer does not show. Lastly, if the officer does show up in court on the scheduled day, he/she may be kind enough to work with you on reducing the citation to a lesser charge making your pay out less costly.

From a macroscopic "big picture" standpoint, change your perception of this ridiculous event from being "disheartening" to a secret "devious cognitive smile". If ya think about it...you, me and most other folks would have cut you a break. The fact that this particular officer did not means something in his/her life is not "bright and sunny". lol...Instead of being angry with the ticketing officer and the entire law enforcement industry, look at him/her with pity and think "how sad". All kidding aside, don't think ill of him/her and I strongly forgive the officer. Now GO get that head light fixed so you can show proof in court how responsible you are!       

Respectfully,
Michael Nuccitelli, Psy.D.
N.Y.S. Licensed Psychologist
iPredator Inc.
New York, U.S.A.
Ph: (347) 871-2416
Email: drnucc@ipredatorinc.com  
Website: www.iPredator.co  

QUESTION: I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. The main reason that this bothers me so much is, almost 3 years ago I was a really bad place in life and just recently started court proceedings to fix my wrong (yes 3 years later). I have completely turned my life entirely around but until the court stuff is over with, I was not supposed to have ANY contact with law enforcement.. not even a simple traffic ticket... and this could mean bad things for me. I guess that's why I say "even when I do the right thing, I still get in trouble"... I will certainly take this to court and get the light fixed before then. And, you are right... he is probably a very miserable person. Thank you so much, again and have a wonderful day!

ANSWER: Just read your message and you are always welcomed to call this writer if you need some advice and at no cost for the consultation. lol...After answering your question here at AllExperts this morning, I felt bad for you that an officer took out his miserable life on you. I've pasted my contact details below and good luck.

Respectfully,
Doc Nuccitelli

Respectfully,
Michael Nuccitelli, Psy.D.
N.Y.S. Licensed Psychologist
iPredator Inc.
New York, U.S.A.
Ph: (347) 871-2416
Email: drnucc@ipredatorinc.com  
Website: https://www.iPredator.co  

QUESTION: That is very kind, thank you very much... now do you have more of an understanding why this simple traffic ticket has so much importance to me? I also thank you for not making feel silly for coming to you with something so simple. I will certainly keep your contact information handy :-)

Answer
Good Morning & No Problem. Enjoy Your Day & I'm Always Out Here In Cyberspace

Respectfully,
Michael Nuccitelli, Psy.D.
N.Y.S. Licensed Psychologist
iPredator Inc.
New York, U.S.A.
Ph: (347) 871-2416
Email: drnucc@ipredatorinc.com  
Website: https://www.iPredator.co
Dark Psychology: https://darkpsychology.co/
Dr. Internet Safety: https://drinternetsafety.com/  

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli