Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Traffic Ticket Question?

Question
Hi. I have a question. Long story short...I got a traffic ticket and now there is an outstanding warrant. I wrote the Judge to explain to him how I was unable to pay all of the money at once. I just do not have the money and I thoroughly explained my situation.

So, I received an email from the Deputy Court Clerk and she said this: "In reference to your subject matter, the judge requires that you come to the court and fill out an application. You will need to come in to fill out the application and will need to allow the time for a short interview."

Do you think it is smart for me to go to the court house? Wouldn't they arrest me right on the spot? Thank you.

Answer
Wilson,

Having to go the court for an interview seems very odd, and is something I have never heard of, at least for non-juveniles . Having tickets unpaid and go to warrants is very common and can usually be taken care of by simply calling the court and making your payment over the phone. Some courts allow you to set up payment plans and even make payments online.

I would differently see if there website offers any helpful info. If not I would call them to make a payment over the phone or by mail. If you go in person, bring enough money to pay all your tickets and fines off in full. While I doubt they are trying to set you up, it being more beneficial to have you pay the fines than sit them out, what you described does seem odd. Good luck.

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

Brock Savage