Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty/Traffic Tickets


Hello. I have some traffic tickets, and currently, I do not have the money to pay them. I live in Texas and I inquired about community service, but was unable to do it, because so many people had already signed up before me. My question is, do you know of any alternative methods to rectify this situation if you simply do not have the money to pay?

I am an online college student, however, due to an unfortunate situation, I am currently an inactive student. I thought about writing to the Judge but do you think saying I am an inactive student will cause him not to take me seriously? Do you think I should tell him this? Thank you.

Miss Susan,

It has been my experience that most Courts offer a payment plan for those who cannot pay all at once.  I would write to the Judge and explain to him/her that you are an inactive student, etc. and let your financial status be known.  I would ask for a payment plan so that you do not have those tickets turn into warrants.  

Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jeffrey Hauck


I would welcome the opportunity to answer questions relating to or related to the broad field of criminal justice.


Criminologist. Professor of Criminal Justice. Licensed Private Detective with expansive clientele base encompassing hundreds of cases. Donates resources and time to the Children's Rescue Network in Orlando, FL.

Associate of Science; Bachelor of Arts; Master of Science, Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree.

©2017 All rights reserved.