You are here:

Criminal Law/harassment from a neighbor


tom thumb wrote at 2013-03-11 13:30:25
You have a right to privacy. I would contact your local Attorney Generals office and explain the situation to them so they can inform you of your rights.

You may be able to take your neighbor to court and ask the Judge to order your neighbor to cease and desist their activities because they are disturbing the sanctity of your home, your right to privacy and peace since this is harassing behavior. This is a valid and legal complaint and may also require a restraining order against your neighbor.

You may have to resort to fighting fire with fire. Consider installing a motion detector light & aim it at her house. When she tries to photograph you, the motion detector light will turn on & distort her photos.

Consider buying some Chimney Cleaning Logs. Also, begin photographing her behavior. Get your kids smart phones and have them record this behavior. Go to other neighbors and have them sign a petition against this woman. Go to the local neighborhood watch & file a complaint. Take the petition to the landlord & request an eviction notice. Get signed eye witness statements from other neighbors who have seen this hateful behavior. All this will be evidence which will support your case.

Criminal Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robin Sexton


Questions dealing with Police and investigative procedures, criminal investigation for all classifications of crimes, Interview and interrogation techniques, crime scene procedure. Police techniques and procedures. Can not answer specific questions about specific cases.


Member of the Michigan State Police for over 30 years. Over 20 years as a Detective. Conducted numerous investigations from Homicide to dog bite. Internal investigations. Investigations in prison enviorment. Majority of career has been spent in rural areas of Michigan

Bachelor of Science degree. Long list of professional training

©2017 All rights reserved.