Criminal Law/Question about court appearance

My husband & I are currently in the process of preparing to move from California to Missouri & recently discovered he had been a victim of credit card fraud. Ironically I am an eye witness as I gave the persons involved a ride to the Western Union location where one of the counts of fraud was commnitted. Is our presence going to be required in court when these individuals are prosecuted? We can neither afford to stay in California til then nor will we be able to afford to commute back when the time comes. Do we have any other options?

If the State requires your presence, then the State is obligated to pay for your travel back for testimony. If there is video evidence which there should be, (Western Union)then that may encourage the person(s) to plead to the charge in lieu of a trial. I would call the prosecutors office and explain your problem and I think you will find they will help you. If I can help further, do not hesitate to contact me.

Mike Easterling

Criminal Law

Michael Easterling

any questions that concern criminal law in Florida including post and pre-trial as well as any prison litigation concerning medical or other legal issues concerning prisoners in Florida.

have been a paralegal for over 30 years with extentive knowledge in criminal law, both federal and state, in Florida working with or for over 6 seperate attorneys in the Tampa area. Also have some family law experience but am an expert in post-conviction relief (Federal and State) and sentencing errors.

Ducks Unlimited

FPLP-Florida law news

University of Florida certification as a paralegal (2 year) 1996 Pasco-Hernando Community College-Dade City, Florida 1978 Mercer University Atlanta 1986-87

Jaycee of the year