Criminal Law/gal bill


i haven't paid the full balance for the gal in a custody battle when i left the state of Missouri. i now live in Wisconsin and received papers holding me in contempt. what will happen if i don't go back for court? will Missouri extradite? i have attempted to pay some of the debt but the gal wont accept payment. the total owed is $1495.00.


I am doubtful that Missouri will extradite for a civil fee of $1495.00, but who knows.  I would contact the County instead of the guardian ad litem (GAL) directly and see if they will take the payment.  The Clerk of Court should be able to accept payment.  I believe that if you begin payments the Court will accept them.  If the Court does accept a partial payment from you then they tacitly agree to do so until the amount is fulfilled.          


Criminal Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jeffrey Hauck


I would welcome the opportunity to answer questions relating to or related to the field of criminal law.


Criminologist. Professor of Criminal Justice. Licensed Private Detective with expansive clientele base encompassing hundreds of cases. Donates resources and time to the Children's Rescue Network in Orlando, FL.

Associate of Science; Bachelor of Arts; Master of Science, Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]