Criminal Law/gal bill

Question
i haven't paid the full balance for the gal in a custody battle when i left the state of Missouri. i now live in Wisconsin and received papers holding me in contempt. what will happen if i don't go back for court? will Missouri extradite? i have attempted to pay some of the debt but the gal wont accept payment. the total owed is $1495.00.

Answer
Matthew,

I am doubtful that Missouri will extradite for a civil fee of $1495.00, but who knows.  I would contact the County instead of the guardian ad litem (GAL) directly and see if they will take the payment.  The Clerk of Court should be able to accept payment.  I believe that if you begin payments the Court will accept them.  If the Court does accept a partial payment from you then they tacitly agree to do so until the amount is fulfilled.          

Jeff

Criminal Law

Jeffrey Hauck