Criminal Law/Jury Duty

Question
This may sound like a very silly question, but I had to call to see if I had to report to the court for jury duty. When I called the automated voice said that I did NOT have to report, however I may be re-summoned and that if I was I would receive notice by mail. What does this mean? Does this mean I could be getting another summons for the same trial soon, or are they just telling me that eventually if my name is randomly selected again I will get another summons?

Answer
Jaylee,

What that means is that at least for the beginning of the trial you are not needed to report.  For some reason you have been excluded.  However, what the County is saying is that they reserve the right to call you in if they need you at a later time (if they need an alternate juror, etc.).  You should respond "yes" to the notification by USPS (mail). No worries!

Jeff

Tel:1-877-759-5121

Website: http://haucksc.wix.com/haucksc  

Criminal Law

Jeffrey Hauck