Criminal Law/Request for Discovery for a speeding ticket

Question
Hi, I received a speeding ticket a month ago - and I was not speeding.  I want to request for discovery - but am having a difficult time finding a sample letter online.
I have written one myself and was wondering if this sounds legit:

To the above-named police and prosecuting agency:

I am requesting copies of any and all relevant written statements, copy of any photographic or video evidence intended to be used as evidence, and method of detecting my carís speed made by Officer C. W.

Sound reasonable? Thanks.

Answer
Susan,

Yes, your statement is reasonable and complete.  Without oversimplifying it, that is exactly the statement you need to mail off to the court and the police department records section.  I would certify both through USPS and request return receipt so you can address your request during the hearing and have proof you requested it.  Good luck!

Jeff  

Criminal Law

Jeffrey Hauck