Criminal Law/Liability For Candle as Gifts

With the holiday season approaching, I was thinking of giving a couple of small children a candle as a gift.

If they burn their parent's home down with it, can I be held liable because I simply gave it to them?

With bartenders being held liable for selling alcohol to drunk drivers, I thought I would check this out before I get in any trouble. :)

Thank you for your time and patience.

I am sure the gifts would be fine.  I am not sure how many small children need or use candles, but it is the thought that counts.  Perhaps you could include a note that states "to be used under parental supervision" or something to that effect.  In short, you are fine.

Criminal Law

Jeffrey Hauck

I would welcome the opportunity to answer questions relating to or related to the field of criminal law.

Criminologist. Professor of Criminal Justice. Licensed Private Detective with expansive clientele base encompassing hundreds of cases. Donates resources and time to the Children's Rescue Network in Orlando, FL.

Associate of Science; Bachelor of Arts; Master of Science, Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree.