Criminal Law/Probation violation

Question
I am on supervised probation and I got caught with three methodone pills I was wondering since it's the first time I've violated if I will go to jail

Answer
Arthur-

Not a cut & dry answer. It is not mandatory that they violate you, but they can if they want.

Whether they violate you for the 3 methadone pills is solely up to the discretion of your PO. They will most probably consider several variables,e.g., nature of your original offense, your conduct since you've been on probation, progress you've made (or lack thereof) since you've been on probation, active participation in a drug program, etc.

I would suggest checking in with the PO and see which way the wind is blowing.

The MPM Group, Inc.

Criminal Law

Kevin M. Tamez