Criminal Law/possesion

Question
My boyfriend was recently arrested for trafficking methamphetamine. He was in possession of a visine bottle that contained one gram of meth and 7 grams of water for his own personal use. He is being charged trafficking because the weight totals in 8gram. are they allowed to weigh the substance with water included, or is it possible to get it weighed once the water has evaporated?

Answer
Megan,

"They" can do anything they want to make a charge.  What evidence that is presented in court is what is counts.

What is important is that it appears that your boyfriend is a meth user/distributor.  He is on the way to a trip to the cemetery if he doesn't get help.  There are no elderly meth users.

He needs 1) help    2)  an attorney.

Get him both.  

Criminal Law

Jack Toomey