Criminal Law/Harassment

I have been sick since I was about 13. I would not leave my house much to make a long story short. I go to the mall a lot and see the same people a lot. The other day I saw a lady who I buy glasses from sometimes. And I said loudly "hey sunshine of my life how are you" something to that affect. She looked shocked. I felt as though I had done something inappropriate. I went up to her and she told me something to the effect that I had crossed the line. I told her I was very sorry, and apologized. She informed me that she knew someone in the local PD.

My question to you is, have I committed a crime? I really don't talk to that lady anymore. I am from Texas, and am ready for an honest response.

No, in my opinion you have not committed a crime.  Perhaps she was offended for some reason.  If so, she should have told you why instead of threatening you with her contact at the local police department.  Regardless, I truly believe you are fine and will not be arrested.  

Criminal Law

Jeffrey Hauck

I would welcome the opportunity to answer questions relating to or related to the field of criminal law.

Criminologist. Professor of Criminal Justice. Licensed Private Detective with expansive clientele base encompassing hundreds of cases. Donates resources and time to the Children's Rescue Network in Orlando, FL.

Associate of Science; Bachelor of Arts; Master of Science, Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree.