Criminal Law/Harressment at work?

Question
I worked for a State Agency and I worked there just fine until
I became disabled.When I returned to work from having 3 back
surgeries in one year.and had to have a wheel chair to get around.I was all of a sudden treated very ugly.
They would steal things from my desk and keep them for awhile.
They would shrink my cubicle so that my wheel chair would not fit.They would say ugly things to me to try to hurt my feelings.
They tormented two other employees to make them cry and try to
make them quit.I would stick up for them because I know its not right.The stress got so bad that my stomack would hurt just thinking about work,Sometimes I was so stressed that I could not
even swallow my own saliva.
The EEOC said that this was just some small agravation.
The building is not Even handicap accessible.
Is this harressment?

Answer
Dene-

The Reader's Digest version is Yes, based on your facts, the company is in violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990. Those violations are handled by the Department of Justice (DoJ), Civil Rights Division (www dot ada dot gov).

After you contact the DoJ, you might also contact a civil attorney who specializes in these types of cases.

The MPM Group, Inc.

Criminal Law

Kevin M. Tamez