Criminal Law/Civil judgement to Criminal charges

Question
I was a victim of date rape. The D.A.'s office declined to prosecute my attacker at this time due to lack of evidence. I went to civil court and was granted a DV Protective Order. It's a consent order and both of us signed it under oath. In it, he admits to the lesser crime of sexual battery. Is is possible to use civil judgements to file criminal charges? Is that enough to press/refile charges? Who would I see about making that happen? The state is North Carolina.

Answer
Donna,

All I can go by is the law in my state.  In my state any civil judgement cannot be used as probable cause in a criminal trial.  But you never know what is going to happen in North Carolina.

Go back to the prosecutor who declined to prosecute.  He/she would be the one to decide.

Criminal Law

Jack Toomey