Criminal Law/probation violation

Question
Jeffery, back in 2005 I was put on deferred probation for 4yrs. In sept 2008 two weeks before my wedding my fiancÚ died of heart attack. My world at that time ended. I stopped reporting and went into a deep depression. All the money we had saved was in his account. He's family came in and took everything, but at that time things didn't matter, He was gone. I violated probation jan 2009, I had 8 months left on probation. Life is better now and I would like to fix this problem, but I really don't have the money to pay all those fee's and court cost 8000 dollars. What can I do to fix it?

Answer
Ro,

Sorry for delay.  Unfortunately you will always feel like you are being watched and on the run until you fix it.  I would discuss the issue with the court administrator and set up a payment plan.  Explain your situation to them.  I am confident that they will help you as it benefits them to resolve the issue as well.  If you can discuss your situation with a public defender or private attorney if possible just to be sure of the laws in your state.  

Jeff  

Criminal Law

Jeffrey Hauck