Criminal Law/accussed theft

QUESTION: I was in wal mart and was looking for a certain memory card for a older camera and found one i then found my wife of whom i asked to walk out and get the camera. So i proceeded to walk her to the doorsi didnt pass the beepers and it was obvious i was staying in the store becausei was having to yell exactly where it was located on my scooter how can i be charged with theft if i had no rhyme or reason of taking this

ANSWER: What does the charging document say?

QUESTION: That i attemped to steal and once i was being escorted by a employee i used the restroom and he said i flushed evidence ... the police officer took my pockett knifes......   and confiscated them one having sentimental value out a this world. Im charged with theft a a misedeomeaner.. is it still theft if i never left the store

Since I wasn't there my only guess is that they thought that you were trying to leave the store with their merchandise thus they had probable cause to arrest you.  

There is very little that I can do except recommend that you obtain an attorney asap.  

Criminal Law

Jack Toomey

If you are an author asking for help I will gladly assist you. I do expect a reasonable donation using the Paypal feature. Please do NOT ask questions about potential jail sentences that you or your friends may receive in court. court. There is no way for me to know that. Only a judge could answer a question like that. I am also NOT a probation officer or parole officer so I cannot answer questions that relate to parole or probation. Also please keep in mind that every state has different laws. If you are planning to ask a question about a specific law or criminal charge that pertains to your state only it could be difficult to answer. I also cannot give you legal advice on what to do or what not to do in court. Retired police officer with 26 years experience. Worked in the patrol division as well as over 14 years in the detective bureau. Investigated a wide range of crime such as murder, rape, robbery, theft, fraud, missing persons, and other very sensitive crimes. I am available to answer your questions about criminal law and especially as it applies to police work. I taught at the police academy for several years and am especially knowledgeable about search and seizure. Any question about criminal law is welcome! Please don't ask me to do your homework or ask me questions that obviously come from your teachers or professors. I also do not do online interviews or surveys. Young people need to gain face to face interviewing skills. Local police officers usually are very agreeable to assist in these assignments.

I am a retired police officer with 26 years experience. I investigated almost every type of crime including murder, rape, theft, missing persons, fraud, and domestic abuse. I am very knowledgeable about search and seizure and taught at the police academy for several years on a variety of subjects. I can answer questions that a lot of attorneys cannot since they do not have "street experience".

Bachelor of Science degree in Criminolgy from the University of Maryland.