Criminal Law/CCT train derailment

car image
car image  
Someone cleared the kuduz from along the Capital Crescent Trail in Bethesda and uncovered a railroad car that was beside the trail.  I remember the car about 30 years ago before the kuduz covered it up.  See attached image.  This derailment must have taken place about 50 years ago on the old B & O spur line between Silver Spring and Georgetown.

Do you have any information about it?

It's odd that you would ask this question in a law forum so I am guessing that you either know me or know of me.

Having said that I saw this same question this morning on another forum.

I can tell you that if it was a derailment then it wasn't serious enough to be investigated by the FCC. I have never heard of any derailment on the Georgetown Branch although I know of two fatal train vs. car accidents that happened in the 1960's and 1970's.

The Chessie System cleaned out the line in March, 1985. It's my suspicion that what was uncovered is the remains of a rotting boxcar that was left behind and not the remnants of a wreck.

Criminal Law

Jack Toomey

If you are an author asking for help I will gladly assist you. I do expect a reasonable donation using the Paypal feature. Please do NOT ask questions about potential jail sentences that you or your friends may receive in court. court. There is no way for me to know that. Only a judge could answer a question like that. I am also NOT a probation officer or parole officer so I cannot answer questions that relate to parole or probation. Also please keep in mind that every state has different laws. If you are planning to ask a question about a specific law or criminal charge that pertains to your state only it could be difficult to answer. I also cannot give you legal advice on what to do or what not to do in court. Retired police officer with 26 years experience. Worked in the patrol division as well as over 14 years in the detective bureau. Investigated a wide range of crime such as murder, rape, robbery, theft, fraud, missing persons, and other very sensitive crimes. I am available to answer your questions about criminal law and especially as it applies to police work. I taught at the police academy for several years and am especially knowledgeable about search and seizure. Any question about criminal law is welcome! Please don't ask me to do your homework or ask me questions that obviously come from your teachers or professors. I also do not do online interviews or surveys. Young people need to gain face to face interviewing skills. Local police officers usually are very agreeable to assist in these assignments.

I am a retired police officer with 26 years experience. I investigated almost every type of crime including murder, rape, theft, missing persons, fraud, and domestic abuse. I am very knowledgeable about search and seizure and taught at the police academy for several years on a variety of subjects. I can answer questions that a lot of attorneys cannot since they do not have "street experience".

Bachelor of Science degree in Criminolgy from the University of Maryland.