Criminal Law/Texas-adult bullying/harassment

Question
Without going into over 10 years of details, here are the highlights: Person H buys large amounts of property (hundreds of acres) in a Texas county and moves there in 2003. Person H then begins to harass surrounding neighbors, 10 different families, in order to force them to sell their properties. Neighbors are happy and do not want to sell. Person H then begins having his minions (illegal aliens for the most part) harass neighbors by cutting fencing, driving away livestock, cutting water lines, filling inground meter boxes with honey comb and bees(common knowledge that some neighbors are allergic to bees), draining household water tanks (this is a very rural area), setting fire to pastures during a drought, cutting down trees containing wildlife/surveillance cameras, threatening to flood neighbors while building a lake, burning toxic materials , destroying two county roads and threatening to kill the neighbors. Most of this is being done in the middle of the night or when a particular land owner was away from home or alone or to far away to initially see the damage. This county is hilly wooded/ pasture mix and most of the neighbor properties are larger than 25 acres.

In the beginning all the neighbors just figured Person H was nuts and tried to avoid him, not bothering to call the local sheriff. When the harassment got so bad for one family they finally sold to person H. The other neighbors begin to call the local sheriff and file complaints but were told without proof nothing could be done. The county wouldn't even make person H fix the roads after winning a law suit against person H.
When surveillance cameras were installed Person H would have his minions cut down the trees or push the poles over.
By person H's own admission he is by-polar and schizophrenic. The neighbors know from doing some of our own background checking that person H has assaulted at least 4 people and then paid them off to get them not to press charges. One county employee was told that she would lose her job if she pressed charges against person H even though the assault was witnessed by another person.
I am one of those people. The only thing that saved me was I was carrying my pistol when person H caught me alone on my property. I had to unholster my weapon to get person H. to back off and leave. Even after I immediately called the sheriff and insisted on filing a report nothing was done to person H. I am a 5'2" woman and person H. is a 6'4" male. This was the second time person H had tried to harm me.
My husband had suddenly died two weeks before and person H knew I was alone on the property. My family had been there but had to go home for a few days.
Because I feared for my safety and for the safety of my livestock I had to, sell almost all of my livestock, leave my ranch and live elsewhere. The remaining neighbors that have not given in to the constant harassment, bullying and sold out to person H are continuing to have even more problems.
I can't in good conscience sell my ranch to anyone else, especially someone with children, for fear that person H will harass and harm them even though I have had offers. I can't live there myself without being in fear of my own life. We are all afraid that if we actually did have to discharge a weapon and defend ourselves on our properties that we would be the ones put in jail.

My questions: If so many different families over a period of 10+ years are having so many problems with the same individual and his minions, is there nothing that can be done? Do we all have to lose our homes and land just to escape this bully that pays off anyone he can to get his way? Does "proof" require having caught person H. in the act on video before something can be done? This is what we have all been told. Do all the anti-bullying laws in Texas just apply to children?
We have tried to research how to solve this problem and are just told to contact the local authorities. This has been done repeatedly and yet the harassment/bullying has continued for over 10 years. We have considered going to the press or filing a law suit but fear that calling attention to the problems would just make matters worse.
Is there nothing that can be done to stop this bullying and harassment?

Without going into over 10 years of details, here are the highlights:  Person H buys large amounts of property (hundreds of acres) in a Texas county and moves there in 2003.  Person H then begins to harass surrounding neighbors, 10 different families, in order to force them to sell their properties.  Neighbors are happy and do not want to sell.  Person H then begins having his minions (illegal aliens for the most part) harass neighbors by cutting fencing, driving away livestock, cutting water lines, filling inground meter boxes with honey comb and bees(common knowledge that some neighbors are allergic to bees), draining household water tanks (this is a very rural area), setting fire to pastures during a drought, cutting down trees containing wildlife/surveillance cameras, threatening to flood neighbors while building a lake, burning toxic materials , destroying two county roads and threatening to kill the neighbors.  Most of this is being done in the middle of the night or when a particular land owner was away from home or alone or to far away to initially see the damage.  This county is hilly wooded/ pasture mix and most of the neighbor properties are larger than 25 acres.

In the beginning all the neighbors just figured Person H was nuts and tried to avoid him, not bothering to call the local sheriff.  When the harassment got so bad for one family they finally sold to person H.  The other neighbors begin to call the local sheriff and file complaints but were told without proof nothing could be done.  The county wouldn't even make person H fix the roads after winning a law suit against person H.
By person H's own admission he is by-polar and schizophrenic.  The neighbors know from doing some of our own background checking that person H has assaulted at least 4 people and then paid them off to get them not to press charges.  One county employee was told that she would lose her job if she pressed charges against person H even though the assault was witnessed by another person.
I am one of those people. The only thing that saved me was I was carrying my pistol when person H caught me alone on my property.  I had to unholster my weapon to get person H. to back off and leave.  Even after I immediately called the sheriff and insisted on filing a report nothing was done to person H.  I am a 5'2" woman and person H. is a 6'4" male.  This was the second time person H had tried to harm me.
My husband had suddenly died two weeks before and person H knew I was alone on the property.  My family had been there but had to go home for a few days.
Because I feared for my safety and for the safety of my livestock I had to, sell almost all of my livestock, leave my ranch and live elsewhere.  The remaining neighbors that have not given in to the constant harassment, bullying and sold out to person H are continuing to have even more problems.
I can't in good conscience sell my ranch to anyone else, especially someone with children, for fear that person H will harass and harm them even though I have had offers.  I can't live there myself without being in fear of my own life. We are all afraid that if we actually did have to discharge a weapon and defend ourselves on our properties that we would be the ones put in jail.

My questions:  If so many different families over a period of 10+ years are having so many problems with the same individual and his minions, is there nothing that can be done?  Do we all have to lose our homes and land just to escape this bully that pays off anyone he can to get his way?  Does "proof" require having caught person H. in the act on video before something can be done?  This is what we have all been told.  Do all the anti-bullying laws in Texas just apply to children?
We have tried to research how to solve this problem and are just told to contact the local authorities.  This has been done repeatedly and yet the harassment/bullying has continued for over 10 years.

Answer
G.,

The best course of action I could recommend which could provide relief is to begin to gather and compile your evidence against this person.  You will need to take affidavits from witnesses, photographs, and any other physical evidence, etc.  You should find an out of area attorney who can file a federal civil suit to represent you.  You might want to contact the FBI field office in your area to see if they can assist you.  They can determine if they have jurisdiction.  It is best to keep any legal action out of the hands of local residents in order to minimize corruption.  I imagine that the best way to control your neighbor is to see if he has run afoul of BLM ranch laws or any other type of interference with a ranch.  Regardless his actions rise to the level of harassment.  Hit him in the wallet.  If your facts are correct an impartial jury would no doubt favor your side.  Please consult a civil attorney to find out what can be done for you.

Jeff  

Criminal Law

Jeffrey Hauck