Criminal Law/warrants

Question
What would be the recourse for a judge in a small town giving a warrant to the building inspector to inspect my two family property without just cause, but just because they have instituted a new rental permit law and want to get into my business? By the way, there is no just cause because I am not in violation of any laws nor are my tenants. I know that warrantless inspections without consent is in violation of the 4th amendment to the constitution. Thanks so much

Answer
Stephan,

The recourse would be to file a motion for an order under Code of Civil Procedure staying the action being considered for.  In this case it would be to halt the search warrant.  I would file the motion pro se (on your own) or hire a competent attorney to assist you.  There are grounds that must be met in order for a warrant to be issued.  The support for the warrant must rest on probable cause that violations exist or under some statute or ordinance.  The warrant must be signed by a neutral and detached magistrate or judge.  By way of comparison you must show how no such grounds exist.  

Jeff  

Criminal Law

Jeffrey Hauck