Criminal Law/warrents

I live in a small village. It it similar to Mayberry on the old Andy Griffin show on TV. Hope you are old enough to remember.Village attorney,building inspector, judge are all in cahoots with each other and make up their own laws that are unconstitutional by the 4th amendment regarding rental permits for non owner occupied property. What if this village judge authorizes a warrant that has no basis for just cause, but, just because they want to get into my business because they don't like me. Can I bring the judge up on unethical charges at a higher court etc.?  For the record, I own several two family dwellings which are perfectly maintained and never had anyone call the authorities for anything.My tenants and I are well respected in the community.Thanks so much. Stephan

I am quite familiar with the "small town" atmosphere you speak of. However, let's not confuse "small town politics" with the prevailing law of this land.

Regardless of the town size, or the "politics" existing therein, no judicial officer can issue an arrest or search warrant without probable cause. You have recourse through the court system in that district as well as an appellate court in the state of New York.

If you believe that you are being targeted unfairly and contrary to law, you can contact the NY State Bar Association as well as the NY State Police and request that an apolitical investigation be conducted into the conduct of the judge and any law enforcement personnel that might be involved in these activities.

The MPM Group, Inc.

Criminal Law

Kevin M. Tamez

Kevin M. Tamez serves as one of the most senior and experienced consultants at The MPM Group, Inc. During more than 27 years of both state and federal law enforcement experience, Mr. Tamez held supervisory roles with state law enforcement as well as senior management positions with the U.S. Department of Justice - serving in both domestic as well as foreign posts. In addition to his extensive foreign operational experience, Mr. Tamez is a court adjudicated expert in most Title 18 and Title 21 complex criminal, undercover, and electronic (Title III) intercept investigations. As a senior manager, he is also an authority in most government administrative matters to include Human Resource and Workers’ Compensation issues. Mr. Tamez has broadened his already considerable expertise by authoring various legal reference and inmate advocacy manuals. Mr. Tamez is frequently sought after for his expertise in counseling and preparing convicted law enforcement personnel, politicians, and other “celebrities” for reporting to a federal penal facility.

More than 27-years of both state and federal law enforcement. Uniform patrol, Tactical Operations, SWAT, Detective Bureau (Narcotics), and Uniform Supervision. U.S. Federal Agent (Series-1811), all facets of complex domestic investigations, Special Operations, Paramilitary operations overseas, senior management, strategic planning, etc.

Mr. Tamez has authored several formal "Position Papers" as well as several legal reference manuals to include “The Pre-Release/Post-Release Process for Federal Inmates," “Medical Issues for Federal Inmates,” and “The Administrative Remedy Process for Federal Inmates,” thereby establishing himself as one of this industry’s foremost authorities in BOP procedural and administrative matters as well. In addition to his recent legal reference manuals and other professional publications, Mr. Tamez recently authored the critically acclaimed “The BOP’s Failure to Properly Implement the 2nd Chance Act of 2007” as well as the educational website

Mr. Tamez holds a Bachelor's of Arts Degree and has done graduate work at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Mr. Tamez is a graduate of the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy and both the Basic & Advanced Special Agent courses in Quantico Virginia.

Protected by Privacy Agreements