Criminal Law/reducing or getting rid of life sentence

My husband got out of prison 6/2013 but still has a life sentence over his head. He was sentenced 2/1983, and served a total of 33 years.  He has to report to a parole now for the rest of his life.  He has changed his life.  Follows the law, goes to church, and loves to help people that need it.  What I am asking is can he ever reduce his parole or get rid of it?

I am not a parole officer and have very little contact with parole officers or people on parole.  Let me check with a parole officer who I know.

Ok here is what he says. Keep in mind that he works in Another State and the law in his state is probably different than in your state.

He says that a parole officer can recommend the commutation of parole based on several factors.  Also the parole board can lift parole due to good conduct based on good behavior after some years.

He asked why not just ask the parole officer?  

Criminal Law

Jack Toomey

If you are an author asking for help I will gladly assist you. I do expect a reasonable donation using the Paypal feature. Please do NOT ask questions about potential jail sentences that you or your friends may receive in court. court. There is no way for me to know that. Only a judge could answer a question like that. I am also NOT a probation officer or parole officer so I cannot answer questions that relate to parole or probation. Also please keep in mind that every state has different laws. If you are planning to ask a question about a specific law or criminal charge that pertains to your state only it could be difficult to answer. I also cannot give you legal advice on what to do or what not to do in court. Retired police officer with 26 years experience. Worked in the patrol division as well as over 14 years in the detective bureau. Investigated a wide range of crime such as murder, rape, robbery, theft, fraud, missing persons, and other very sensitive crimes. I am available to answer your questions about criminal law and especially as it applies to police work. I taught at the police academy for several years and am especially knowledgeable about search and seizure. Any question about criminal law is welcome! Please don't ask me to do your homework or ask me questions that obviously come from your teachers or professors. I also do not do online interviews or surveys. Young people need to gain face to face interviewing skills. Local police officers usually are very agreeable to assist in these assignments.

I am a retired police officer with 26 years experience. I investigated almost every type of crime including murder, rape, theft, missing persons, fraud, and domestic abuse. I am very knowledgeable about search and seizure and taught at the police academy for several years on a variety of subjects. I can answer questions that a lot of attorneys cannot since they do not have "street experience".

Bachelor of Science degree in Criminolgy from the University of Maryland.