Criminal Law/Restraining order

Question
My daughter lives in Texas. She has a 6 yr old child by a man she left about a year ago, due to psychological issues. Until recently he has been involved in my granddaughter's life. He recently attempted suicide. He also has threatened (of course without witnesses) to kill my daughter if she doesn't come back to him. What is the process, for what it's worth, to have a restraining order against him? I'm afraid he'll harm my daughter or granddaughter and should not be around either one. Thanks for your time.

Answer
Ed,

Sorry for the delay. I never received a notification that your question was waiting.

Your daughter needs to either call thge police or visit the police station for advice on how to proceed under Texas law.  I am not guaranteeing that a restraining order will be granted but at least she will be educated about Texas law.

Criminal Law

Jack Toomey