Criminal Law/Female aggressor

Question
QUESTION: hi I'm Michael!
I got this female friend who slapped my butt once. I didn't like it so I told her it hurt. then 10 minutes later she did it again. then a week later we were hanging out and she did it again. I told her I didn't like it, So she said she would stop. then a month later she did it again.

can I press charges and have her arrested or will she just get away with it because she's a girl?! I don't know what to do. I'm thinking the next time she does it I'll call the police, But I got a feeling either way she won't get in trouble because she's a girl and I'm a guy.

ANSWER: Michael,

Technically you have been assaulted but in order to commit a crime the aggressor has to have criminal intent.  Did she?  I think that you are going to have a hard time convincing someone that you have been assaulted.

If you don't like having your butt slapped then why not just stay away from her?

QUESTION: You see this is what  annoys me. because if it were me slap her butt I'd go straight to jail no question. And I knew you would ask that question about me staying away from her. if i were a girl asking this question then the response would be different.

btw what is criminal intent?

Answer
If it annoys you that much and you don't want to stay away from her then call the police the next time it happens.

Criminal intent is just what it says. The intent to commit a crime. If I smack some stranger on the ass on a subway train then that's a crime. If I do the same thing to a friend under the same circumstances in a joking way then it's not a crime.

Criminal Law

Jack Toomey