You are here:

Criminal Law/Finding Correct Address Of Woman Who Rear Ended My Jeep With Her Car


Hello Mr.Toomey.

I was stopped in city traffic when a woman struck the rear end of my Jeep on 12-02-2015, severely damaging my rear bumper. She was driving in her mother-in-law's car whose insurance had expired on it in October 2015. The mother-in-law has told me twice since 12-05-2015 that the daughter-in-law (the driver), has gone to Washington to try and get the money to fix my car, of which I believe is a fabrication. The estimate for my bumper replacement is $624.80. I wish to take this woman,(the driver), and her mother-in-law, (the car owner), to small claims court. The daughter-in-law gave me her home and business address, that I later found out, was her mother-in-law's home and business address.
I must give the small claims court the mother-in-law's correct address and the daughter-in-law's correct address for civil warrants to be delivered to because I shall be suing both of them in small claims court.
The problem I am anticipating is emailing the mother-in-law and asking her only for her daughter-in-law's correct address. It may spook the mother-in-law that I may be proceeding with a court action and she may protectively not wish to tell me the daughter-in-law's correct address for the civil warrants to be delivered to.
In such an event, then how can I go about obtaining the daughter-in-law's correct address through public records or by other means?

Thank you for any help.

Mike E.

There are numerous websites that provide just what you are looking for.  Some are free, some cost a couple of dollars, while others are more expensive.  I've found several of my military friends that way.

Have you tried googling the person's name?  Hopefully it is a common name.

Another way is using MVA.  Not all MVA's will do this but in MY state, for a small fee, they will look up someone's address if you can convince them that it is for legal purposes and that you are not a nut case.

Criminal Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Toomey


If you are an author asking for help I will gladly assist you. I do expect a reasonable donation using the Paypal feature. Please do NOT ask questions about potential jail sentences that you or your friends may receive in court. court. There is no way for me to know that. Only a judge could answer a question like that. I am also NOT a probation officer or parole officer so I cannot answer questions that relate to parole or probation. Also please keep in mind that every state has different laws. If you are planning to ask a question about a specific law or criminal charge that pertains to your state only it could be difficult to answer. I also cannot give you legal advice on what to do or what not to do in court. Retired police officer with 26 years experience. Worked in the patrol division as well as over 14 years in the detective bureau. Investigated a wide range of crime such as murder, rape, robbery, theft, fraud, missing persons, and other very sensitive crimes. I am available to answer your questions about criminal law and especially as it applies to police work. I taught at the police academy for several years and am especially knowledgeable about search and seizure. Any question about criminal law is welcome! Please don't ask me to do your homework or ask me questions that obviously come from your teachers or professors. I also do not do online interviews or surveys. Young people need to gain face to face interviewing skills. Local police officers usually are very agreeable to assist in these assignments.


I am a retired police officer with 26 years experience. I investigated almost every type of crime including murder, rape, theft, missing persons, fraud, and domestic abuse. I am very knowledgeable about search and seizure and taught at the police academy for several years on a variety of subjects. I can answer questions that a lot of attorneys cannot since they do not have "street experience".

Bachelor of Science degree in Criminolgy from the University of Maryland.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]