Criminal Law/Sexual Assault, False Confession

my son admitted to sexual assault after hours of interigation, served time for said crime only to find out 9 years later that he was not the one who did the deed. Numberous people myself included heard first hand from young lady that my son did not assault her. He can not afford an atty and neither can I how can we get his record expunged and out of this sexual offender place that has ruined his life?

You message was a tad confusing. Are you saying the "victim" of the sexual assault has recanted her original statement and now says your son did not commit the offense? If so, you would have several avenues to pursue.

Depending on the reason(s) that the victim is now recanting her original identification of your son as the perpetrator, your son may very well have a cause of action against the "victim."

If your son admitted to the deed under improper police coercion, and that coercion was originally brought up before/during his trial, he might very well have a cause of action against the police department.

If there is now no doubt that your son did not commit this offense, it would be a pretty sure bet that the prosecutor would move for an expungement of his record in the "interest of justice."

You should consult with an attorney in your town, explain the facts to him and see if he/she would handle this on a contingency basis.  

Criminal Law

Kevin M. Tamez

Kevin M. Tamez serves as one of the most senior and experienced consultants at The MPM Group, Inc. During more than 27 years of both state and federal law enforcement experience, Mr. Tamez held supervisory roles with state law enforcement as well as senior management positions with the U.S. Department of Justice - serving in both domestic as well as foreign posts. In addition to his extensive foreign operational experience, Mr. Tamez is a court adjudicated expert in most Title 18 and Title 21 complex criminal, undercover, and electronic (Title III) intercept investigations. As a senior manager, he is also an authority in most government administrative matters to include Human Resource and Workers’ Compensation issues. Mr. Tamez has broadened his already considerable expertise by authoring various legal reference and inmate advocacy manuals. Mr. Tamez is frequently sought after for his expertise in counseling and preparing convicted law enforcement personnel, politicians, and other “celebrities” for reporting to a federal penal facility.

More than 27-years of both state and federal law enforcement. Uniform patrol, Tactical Operations, SWAT, Detective Bureau (Narcotics), and Uniform Supervision. U.S. Federal Agent (Series-1811), all facets of complex domestic investigations, Special Operations, Paramilitary operations overseas, senior management, strategic planning, etc.

Mr. Tamez has authored several formal "Position Papers" as well as several legal reference manuals to include “The Pre-Release/Post-Release Process for Federal Inmates," “Medical Issues for Federal Inmates,” and “The Administrative Remedy Process for Federal Inmates,” thereby establishing himself as one of this industry’s foremost authorities in BOP procedural and administrative matters as well. In addition to his recent legal reference manuals and other professional publications, Mr. Tamez recently authored the critically acclaimed “The BOP’s Failure to Properly Implement the 2nd Chance Act of 2007” as well as the educational website

Mr. Tamez holds a Bachelor's of Arts Degree and has done graduate work at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Mr. Tamez is a graduate of the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy and both the Basic & Advanced Special Agent courses in Quantico Virginia.

Protected by Privacy Agreements