Criminal Law/Fugitive from Justice

I have been granted an Order of Nondisclosure. This was filed as a Class B Misdemeanor, with the "CHARGES" being Failure to ID/False/Fict Info.  The information Re: "CHARGES" are reflected on all documents I have received from the PD and  the Court.

The problem I have encountered is this
The Legal Document sent to me by the Assistant DA states something DIFFERENT under the "CHARGES" section of the Order of Nondisclosure.
It states Failure to ID/Fugitive from Justice.

I have been advised to review this document and respond with any corrections or questions before I sign it and email it back.  The secondary part of the "Charge" should state False/Fict Info NOT Fugitive from Justice. Because from what I understand Fugitive from Justice means that you have or had a warrant out for your arrest and are running from the law. This is not the case then or now. I need to know if I should ask the DA to correct this info on the document before I sign it?  Reason I'm asking is I do not want to upset the DA acting as If I know more than he does, regarding the (what I feel is incorrect) wrong term used under the "Charges" section of the document.  Because sometimes the way the law reads I could be mistaken and I don't want to come across as a know it all and he comes back with some cocky answer stating that it's the same thing or something like that.
 So is this the wrong wording that he used under the "CHARGES" section of the Order of Nondisclosure
Yes or No? Please advise accordingly.
Thank you,

Considering All the research I have done my findings indicate the  following:

1) A "Fugitive from Justice" charge is a Class A misdemeanor. MINE is a CLASS B.

2) Definition from the Law Library
"Fugitive from Justice"  An individual who, after having committed a criminal offense, leaves the jurisdiction of the court where such crime has taken place or hides within such jurisdiction to escape prosecution.

NOTE: Currently I do not have any warrants out for my arrest nor did I have any warrants out for my arrest prior to these charges.
: )

On its face, you should not sign this document if there is a charge as a "Fugitive from Justice" that is either unwarranted or inaccurate. Such a charge can have serious repercussions with a bail/bond should you ever be charged for an offense in the future.

We would suggest that you contact the DA and have them CLARIFY what the charges are and what level BEFORE you sign anything. Should you not get a satisfactory answer, you might consider contacting a licensed attorney.

The MPM Group, Inc.  

Criminal Law

Kevin M. Tamez

Kevin M. Tamez serves as one of the most senior and experienced consultants at The MPM Group, Inc. During more than 27 years of both state and federal law enforcement experience, Mr. Tamez held supervisory roles with state law enforcement as well as senior management positions with the U.S. Department of Justice - serving in both domestic as well as foreign posts. In addition to his extensive foreign operational experience, Mr. Tamez is a court adjudicated expert in most Title 18 and Title 21 complex criminal, undercover, and electronic (Title III) intercept investigations. As a senior manager, he is also an authority in most government administrative matters to include Human Resource and Workers’ Compensation issues. Mr. Tamez has broadened his already considerable expertise by authoring various legal reference and inmate advocacy manuals. Mr. Tamez is frequently sought after for his expertise in counseling and preparing convicted law enforcement personnel, politicians, and other “celebrities” for reporting to a federal penal facility.

More than 27-years of both state and federal law enforcement. Uniform patrol, Tactical Operations, SWAT, Detective Bureau (Narcotics), and Uniform Supervision. U.S. Federal Agent (Series-1811), all facets of complex domestic investigations, Special Operations, Paramilitary operations overseas, senior management, strategic planning, etc.

Mr. Tamez has authored several formal "Position Papers" as well as several legal reference manuals to include “The Pre-Release/Post-Release Process for Federal Inmates," “Medical Issues for Federal Inmates,” and “The Administrative Remedy Process for Federal Inmates,” thereby establishing himself as one of this industry’s foremost authorities in BOP procedural and administrative matters as well. In addition to his recent legal reference manuals and other professional publications, Mr. Tamez recently authored the critically acclaimed “The BOP’s Failure to Properly Implement the 2nd Chance Act of 2007” as well as the educational website

Mr. Tamez holds a Bachelor's of Arts Degree and has done graduate work at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Mr. Tamez is a graduate of the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy and both the Basic & Advanced Special Agent courses in Quantico Virginia.

Protected by Privacy Agreements