Criminology and Forensic Psychology/Forensic Psychology - BA or BSc

Question
Hi! I am currently in my last year of high school and have been looking into university programs (undergrad). I am looking to apply to just a clinical psychology program for now. In the future, I am hoping to get into a graduate program to receive my doctorate in forensic psychology. My question is whether I should get a BA or a BSc. Which would benefit me more in this field?

Thank you very much,
Megan

Answer
iPredator | Information Age Forensics
iPredator | Informatio  
Dear Megan,

From an academic standpoint, a BA, BS or BSc is not nearly as important as making sure you plan on getting a Ph.D. or Psy.D.

As I'm a forensic shrink as well, I highly recommend via academics, work, practicum or volunteering to learn what I call the Cyber Criminal mind and Dark Side of Cyberspace. Without going into detail, feel free to visit our internet safety and cyber predator website. Since I have authored and designed 98% of this huge site, I have made everything public domain. If there are any pages or articles you find interesting, simply scroll to the base of any web page and click on the little green pdf/print button. No personal info. to download is required either.  

You can also read or download my theoretical construct, iPredator, by clicking on the iPredator tab in the navigation menu. The site is www.iPredator.co (no "m" after .co). The future of all forensics will include a general understanding of how criminals, deviants and the psychopathological are impacted by the "veil of anonymity" in cyberspace.

As stated, your undergraduate degree is not as important as going on to finish your doctoral degree. And equally important is to become familiar with the Dark Side of Cyberspace and the Cybercriminal Mind.

Good Luck,
Dr. Nuccitelli
iPredator Inc.  

Criminology and Forensic Psychology

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli