Criminology and Forensic Psychology/Question Criminal Behavior

Question
Good day
I am trying to understand the root causes of criminal behavior and to understand how a strong moral society is created.
Are there any studies, practical books, theories on how society can transform criminals into good people.

Answer
Dear S,

If you research the Criminal Justice spectrum you will see arguments for both sides of offender rehabilitation.  The evidence points to the fact, however, that the majority of serious offenders cannot be successfully rehabilitated and reintegrated back into civil society.  In a nutshell morality within a Nation is created by morals and mores.  Collective beliefs mold and serve to regulate societal behavior.  I would recommend the text:
"Beyond Bars: Rejoining Society After Prison," by Jeffrey Ian Ross & Stephen C. Richards for an unbiased review of what you seek.  

Criminology and Forensic Psychology

Jeffrey Hauck