Criminology and Forensic Psychology/Criminal Profiling as a career

Question
I am currently pursuing my BA in Psychology and am considering going into forensic psychology for my MA. My question is this....I want to be able to aid children who've been victimized as I myself was. Would becoming a criminal profiler not only allow me to determine if someone is suitable for trial,but take depositions from victims as well?What would my role on the victim's side of things be?

thanks

Answer
Kelley,

The answer is yes.  You would advocate for the victim at the trial level to ensure that he or she is competent to testify at trial and you would be able to coach the victim as well so as to face his or her attacker and to withstand the examination by the criminal defense attorney.  That is a lot of responsibility.  I hope I answered your question!  

Criminology and Forensic Psychology

Jeffrey Hauck