Critics of Jehovah`s Witnesses/home visitors

Question
i have had 2 jw ladies who have come by to visit at my door for the last several years .they are kind and i enjoy a little small talk with them. it never gets really religious.i have made it clear that the religion is not for me.i am unsure of what these ladies motives are and why they come by every few months. can you give me a better insight as to why they stop by  on their rounds? i don't let them in my home.

Answer
It is hard to judge someone's motives.  Jehovah's Witnesses do a systematic door to door activity where there goal is to get you committed to a "Free Bible Study"  In this "Bible Study" you will find out that the Bible is not the main focus, watchtower literature is.  This is part of earning salvation according to the watchtower.  (The Bible says that salvation is 100% the grace of God. Eph 2.)

I do not know why these ladies stop by your house every couple of months.  In my town they come by maybe once a year.  It is common for them to engage in small talk in order to get people more open to the watchtower doctrine.  They might think that you are interested.

Here is a thought, before their next visit, check out Evidence Ministries, the link is below.  They have a series of short questions that can be difficult for Jehovah's Witnesses to correctly answer.  Above all pray for these ladies.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EvidenceMinistries

I hope this helps.  

Critics of Jehovah`s Witnesses

Jeff H